Transformation



Transformation, as represented in the description above, is a process of complete change. A conversion, renewal and revolution. This is something I have been reflecting on for the past while, as I feel my husband and I have been going through a season of transformation. Don't get me wrong, I believe that LIFE is one big season of transformation.

We are born as tiny tots, completely dependent on other humans, most often our parents. We then grow into young kiddies where learn more about the world, absorb it, and mirror what we learn. We then grow (or should I say 'morph') into teens where we start to develop strong personalities and become who we think we need to be in order to fit in or connect with other 'cool' teens. We then leave school and that is truly when we experience life, apart from our parents and others who tend to force us into a mould. We spread our wings and changeover, leaving behind the parts of us we became because we thought it was what our friends and family wanted us to be, and truly grow into our own skin... Well I'm not sure about everyone else, but this was definitely the case for me. My University years really were the years I started to care less about what was 'expected' of me, and be and do more of what mattered to me. I really feel that I went through a transformation in these years at good old UKZN PMB. Those were good times!

As big a transformation as I went through during that time, I feel it pales in comparison to what my hubs and I have seen in this past year. I believe I have gone through a season of great revolution and renewal, and I am the better for it. It has been hard. We have battled and there are times when we have been at our very last tether, and have had to rely deeply on each other and God to pull us through. But we have come out the other end.

I won't bore you with a list of our trials and tribulations, but know that they included the following stresses: Hectic Pregnancy, Job Frustrations, Finances, Moving House (x3), Sick Baby... and other let-downs and heartaches. I believe that in all negative situations and experiences there are positives, and one of the greatest positives I have been ever-grateful for through this past year of many negatives, is that our marriage has stood strong. We are stronger than ever. And I see even more every day how blessed I am to have married this amazing man. He is my everything!

Personally, the effects of this past season of transformation are, for me, as follows:
* Renewed outlook on priorities
* Shift in perspectives (in particular relation to finances)
* Increased dependence on my partner
* Improved communication with my partner so he understands where I'm at (emotionally/physically)
* More appreciation of health, and empathy of those in need/struggling.


I captured the transformation of this one beautiful Lilly that was a part of a bunch that my hubby bought me, and it really captures the essence of morphing into something better, something more beautiful.... that's my hope anyway - that something good comes out of the hardest times*
















Comments

  1. Wonderful flower pics...I like your blog.^^
    Maybe follow each other on bloglovin???
    Let me know follow you then back.;)
    Lovely greets Nessa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Vanessa
    Thanks so much :)
    Will make my way to your blog now
    Have a beautiful day,
    Shan
    x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts