Bachelorette Beauty





This past weekend I left my darling hubby and cute little fatty-bom-bom baby boy for one night, and headed up to the party capital - Johannesburg - for a special friend's Bachelorette party.

It was a very short 50minute flight that flew by {wink wink} and before I knew it I was driving through JHB in style, with my long-time bestie, Tash, in her gorgeous black Audi Q5. We went through a beautiful suburb with houses the size of small mansions, and we even took a turn past Nelson Mandela's home, fully equipped with 10-star security systems and black security vehicles all along the  {very long} verge.

After that we went for a quick shop at Sandton City, where every girl is dressed like a super model! Finances are tight for me currently so I didn't make any interesting purchases, but I had as much {if not more} fun helping Tashi find an outfit for the Bachelorette Party. She walked out of Sandton City Centre with 3 beautiful black dresses.. and she never wore ONE of them haha!

From there we dashed home to Tasha's lovely flat in Parkwood, and quickly got ready, whilst still finding time to share some bubbly. On on we went to the Bachelorette Party in Morningside...

What a beautiful party it was! The Bridesmaids really outdid themselves as everything was put together so perfectly, and I couldn't have picked a more perfectly suited theme for my beautiful friend Leigh a.k.a LuluBelle, myself: BREAKFAST AT TIFFANY'S.

Leigh looked sensationally beautiful, and so did the bridesmaids and the decor. Everything was perfect.. and boy did we have a PARTY :)

We went from Lulu's fiance's parents home in Morningside to a place called San Bar where Lulu was made to get guys to buy her drinks, and somehow we ended up with the manager giving us MOET Bubbly. We had loads of fun at San Bar - Tashi and I went to the bar at one stage to order a drink. Tash proceeded to put on an ever-so posh {and fake} accent.. to which I could not stop laughing about long enough to order a drink! It was in this very same accent that she asked the bar man {Fikile} how much the two shots of Patron cost. Fikile responded that it was R70, to which Tash asked, "For the whole bottle??" {again in her POSH accent}. Fikile, not knowing that this accent was in fact totally balderdash, hesitantly replied, "No Mam, for the two shots"... Tash then continued to remark how this was daylight robbery and told Fikile that he "must be earning very well here"...!! She continued this accent asking, "Well how about these peanuts? They are very tasty..." Fikile, in good spirits and now laughing at me laughing at Tash and catching on to her nuttiness {wink}, replied that the nuts were imported from China and that she could have as  many as she wanted. She took this as an invitation to pour the bowl into her tiny black clutch handbag!! Well this was me, on the floor, nearly weeing in my panties! Fikile couldn't take much more either and we quickly made our way back to the party.
We stayed at San Bar until about 9.30pm, and then all piled back into the shuttle and made our way to a club called Mo Vida. Here we partied and danced and swatted away the men trying to hit on the Bachelorette like flies! It's like they all think they should be the one to give this Hen her last real party! Gross!

We danced the night away, and by 2am we were all very ready to head on home. We piled back into the shuttle, shoes off, hair messily tied up, and make up not as elegantly placed as it was at the start of the evening! As a last attempt at being responsible for the evening{/morning} I asked Tash to check that she in fact had everything in her handbag (as we were sharing). She scrummaged around the bag and quickly responded that everything was accounted for. I, however, did not see my ID book in the bag... She anxiously had another look and pulled everything, nuts included, out of the bag. I was right. There was no ID book in sight!
Feet swollen and pounding, we put our heels back on and dashed into the club. We turned it upside down! Through cushions off the seats where we once sat, and had our iPhone torches shining on the dancefloor, disrupting fellow party-goers in the process - who also whipped out their phone torches and tried to help. We asked bouncers, bar staff, DJs, entrance ladies and even tracked down one of the club owners... But the ID book was NOWHERE to be found!!
At this stage my biggest fear was not that my credit card was inside my ID book... but that my ID was the only form or identification I had brought with me to JHB and how the hell was I going to fly home to my hubby and little boy??!!

 We left the club, residing to the fact that the owner himself would call me should the ID book turn up. Tashi asked fleetingly if the ID was not in Robyn's handbag {Robyn had misplaced her pretty, light gold clutch many times throughout the night and we took charge of looking after it for her}... I thought it was strange Tashi asked this as she had the bag and my ID the entire evening... I never took it out and I would never have put it in Robyn (who was flying back to the UK the next day)'s bag!

Anyway we got home safely, narrowly escaping a roadblock thank goodness... only to receive a phone call saying that my ID book was in fact found inside Robs's little gold clutch. Phew. and HUH?? This is still to this moment in time, a MYSTERY!! But boy was I happy that I could fly home to my boys with no problems! :)

Here are a few pics of the day-turned-into-night, hope you enjoy x


Beautiful Bride-to-be

Little cakes - they were DELISH!
Themed serviettes



Mrs Preston* Panties


The Bride-to-be and me


Me and Robs - one of Lulu'x bridesmaids
* She came all the way from the UK! *


Tashi and me


The End (a very nice one indeed)






Comments

Popular Posts